DEMOCRACY AND OLIGARCHY
Nov 24 2011
Written by chedet
1. America and Europe are the great proponents of Democracy. It is the greatest system of Government. It will make countries great. Democracy guarantees there will be no oppression of the citizens (oppressing and killing other people is okay of course).
2. But now they have demanded that Italy be governed by an unelected Government of technocrats headed by Mario Monti, an economist.
3. So democracy is not the panacea for all political and economic problems. So the will of the majority cannot always be permitted to wield power. In the end democracy has to depend on oligarchy to rescue it from the capitalist abuses.
4. But then we know democracy has failed when the European democrats are looking at oligarchic China to help them out in the present financial crisis.
5. Now that the West has realised that democracy is not the perfect system it is touted to be, please stop killing people so as to democratise them.