1. Suddenly, out of the blue almost there appeared in the Middle East a powerful force seemingly moved by a desire to set up an Islamic state, a Caliphate no less.
2. And this force has been amazingly successful. They have literally conquered swathes of Iraq and have set up a Government. They are set to advance further and the Iraqi forces have not really been able to stop them.
3. Where did they come from? Just like the Taliban they were created by the United States of America.
4. The Americans fear the rise of the Shiites, the Islamic sect that is most against the West.
5. After more than 10 years of the occupation of Iraq the Americans realised they could not stay there any longer. When they left they persuaded the majority Iraqi Shiites to form a bipartisan Government with the minority Sunni.
6. But the Shiites decided to deprive the Sunni of a role in the Government. The Sunni Vice-President was accused of plotting against the Government and he had to escape to Turkey to avoid arrest and possible execution or assassination by the Iraqi Government. And so Iraq which was once ruled by Saddam Hussein, a Sunni became a Shiite State.
7. Then came the uprisings in Syria to overthrow Bashar Assad, a Shiite. America had always wanted to replace Bashar’s Shiite Government with a Sunni Government. With Iraq and Iran under Shiite rule, a Shiite Government in Syria would tilt the balance in the Middle East in favour of the Shiite – the most violent enemy of the American.
8. And so when the attempt was made to overthrow Bashar’s Government, the Americans saw an opportunity to replace Bashar with a Sunni Government.
9. To ensure this would be the result of the civil war in Syria, America provided military aid and money to the Sunni rebels in Syria to ensure their overthrow of Bashar.
10. Many of the Sunni fighters were fanatically against the Shiite. They readily accept United States aid and then decided to cross from Syria into Iraq to overthrow the Shiite Government there. They envision a new Sunni Caliphate to rule over Sham, the territory which was divided by the British and the French into Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Palestine.
11. If the Sunnis succeed in their Islamic state it would endanger Israel and American interest in the region. Suddenly the United States find that overthrowing Bashar is not such a good idea.
12. Instead the United States should ally with Syria to fight against the jihadists from Europe now flocking to join the Sunni Islamic State forces to overthrow the Governments of Iraq and Syria. Should a fanatical Islamic state in Sham materialise, the Americans may find a more implacable enemy.
13. The United States seems unable to learn from the failures of their past strategies. They created the Taliban to fight Russia in Afghanistan. That turned awry.
14. They went to war against Afghanistan and Iraq, believing with shock and awe they would finish victorious in three months. After ten years of costly wars in these countries they have succeeded only in putting in place extremist Muslim Governments. They are now unable to extricate themselves from these two countries.
15. They tried to promote regime change in Arab countries and only succeeded in destabilizing these countries. Democracy ends with anti-Americans extreme Islamic Governments being elected. The United States now finds itself having to support undemocratic overthrows of democratically elected Governments.
16. And now the jihadists of the Islamic Caliphate. Without United States involvement in Middle Eastern affairs the American journalist would not have been beheaded.
17. The American people are hopelessly ignorant of the world outside America. They believe whatever their Governments is doing is good for America. They will never learn simply because their print and electronic media are not under their control.
18. The United States belief that change from authoritarian rule to democracy would result in friendlier Governments is naive. Decades of United States support for Israel and anti-Islamic policies have made anti-American Islamic parties popular. Once elections are held following demoralization, the Islamists would win. And anti-Americanism will be even more violent.
19. America has much to learn about foreign relations.
23. I don’t for one moment regard the beheading of the American journalist as Islamic, despite the claim of ISIL. I think it is disgraceful for Muslims to do such thing. It is against the teachings of Islam. But can any young and impressionable Muslim be blamed if they are so easily mislead into committing heinous crimes to avenge the injustice and oppression of their brothers and sisters in religion.
24. It is not the religion of Islam which led the Muslims to committing heinous acts. It is simply anger, hate and rage over not being able to do anything to stop the Europeans or West from oppressing people who profess the same religion as themselves. And Europeans, most of whom are not practicing Christians, react in the same way when Christians are faced with any threat.
25. Look at the record of the Europeans, especially after they created Israel. Now, although they will not admit it, they are carrying out a crusade against Islam and the Muslims. Call it a war on terror or the clash of civilisation. But factually it is still a continuation of the crusade of the past centuries.
26. Against this modern Crusade the Muslims have no answer. They don’t have a Saladin (Salah El Din) to lead them. And over the centuries they have allowed themselves to become weak. They have ignored the injunctions of Allah in the Quran that they must be prepared to defend the ummah and Islam.
27. Their religious teachers tell them to pray to Allah for help. But they neglect to inform that in the Quran Allah enjoins upon Muslims to help themselves first if they want Allah to answer their prayers. Quite obviously the Muslims have not followed this injunction. In fact many believe that it has been preordained that they should suffer European oppression.
28. Today not a single Government of a Muslim country has dared to challenge the European. Indeed many believe that the Europeans are a superior race that they should look up to; that it is futile to defend themselves against European aggression and oppression. Not a single Muslim country dares to stand up to the Europeans.
29. Expecting no help from the Governments of Muslim countries, many angry and frustrated Muslims took upon themselves to take revenge against the hated Europeans. For this purpose they preach their version of the teachings of Islam so as to influence young Muslim to be prepared to sacrifice their lives in a holy war.
30. All Muslims truly believe that to die in the defence of Islam and the Muslims results in martyrdom and heaven in the afterlife. It is not too difficult to convince young Muslims in the face of the injustice and oppression of Muslims that the war against the Europeans is a holy war.
31. But a war against the European promises no easy victory. Seeking revenge through acts of terror is much easier. And so the so-called jihadists are prepared to commit atrocities like beheading a European and recording it for the world to see. 32. I would like to say it again, it is not Islamic this beheading. Certainly it is not Islamic for Sunnis to massacre captured Shiahs or Shiahs to murder Sunnis.
33. The two sects had always fought each other in their mutual belief that the other is not Muslim. But what is happening today is bloodlust which started with the fight against Jewish Zionism and the creation of the state of Israel. Unable to defeat the Jews and their nominally Christian Europeans backers, the Muslims have now turned against each other. And occasionally when they manage to capture a European, they vent their spite on him.
34. This will go on for decades and even centuries, waxing and waning, for as long as there is the state of Israel and the Palestinians are denied their right to a homeland.
35. It is the seizure of Palestinian land to form the state of Israel which triggered the violent reaction of the Muslims in the last 70 over years. The Jewish reaction to the violent struggle of the Palestinians is to out terrorise them. That in turn resulted in other Muslims joining the Palestinian struggle. Unable to wage war they resort to acts of terror. And Israeli state terror escalated.
36. Directly and indirectly the Europeans back Israeli state terrorism. And so it goes on. 37. So what is the solution? It is certainly not more suppression and oppression of the Muslim, and in particular the Palestinian.
38. The solution lies in fairness and justice for the Palestinians.
39. I am writing this in Chechnya, a republic in the Russian Federation. The Chechens fought a war of independence against the Russian. It was a futile war. Three million ill-equipped Chechens against 200 million Russians with one of the most powerful military force in the world. Chechnya and Grozny its capital were razed to the ground before they were forced to stop fighting.
40. After the war the Russians allocated a trillion dollars to rebuild Chechnya and Grozny. Today, eight years after war ended, there is not a trace of the massive destruction caused by Russian missiles and bombs. Instead the whole country, and in particular Grozny has been completely rebuilt.
41. And today the Chechen can once again believe and practice the Muslim religion. Beautiful mosques and religious school abound. There is no more communist sanction against Islam.
42. Chechnya remains a republic in the Russian Federation but in religion and in many ways it is independent. The relation with Russia is friendly.
43. Maybe there is something to learn from the Chechen saga. Stop the oppression of Palestine. Stop the Crusade. Stop postulating the clash of civilisation. Stop regime change. Stop supplying arms for Muslims to fight Muslims.
44. It may take time but slowly the jihadists, will have no incentive to fight.
45. Allah has ordained that the enemy of the Muslims are those who fight and oppress them. Muslims must not war against those who have not attacked them (in any way). That is the way of Islam – peace unless you war against Islam.
46. Muslims who adhere strictly to these tenets and wish to live at peace with non-Muslims can only have credibility and be listened to if the oppression of the Muslims ceases.