1. Europeans have supported Israel since its formation 60 years ago. After all Israel was created by the Europeans. As a result they close their eyes to all the undemocratic and inhuman deeds of the Israelis.
2. Now a group of Europeans have formed a Non-Government Organisation to fight injustice. And they consider the Israeli settlements built on Palestinian land as against international law.
3. Al Jazeera in its Inside Story series hosted a debate between two Jews and one Palestinian. But one of the Jews, a former head of the Israeli Parliament, the Knesset, was not blindly supportive of Israeli settlements.
4. The pro-Israeli Jew came up with some idiotic arguments against the boycott of Israeli products made on the settlements. He insisted that it was wrong if it was meant to force Israelis to abandon the settlements, as the objective is political i.e. to force Israel to give up the settlement and to have peace with the Palestinians.
5. He described the Palestinian prisoners who were released recently as murderers. I don’t remember trials in Israeli courts for the 10,000 Palestinians incarcerated in Israeli jails at any one time for years and years.
6. I suppose the murder charges were based on rocket and bomb attacks said to be launched by the Palestinians. But what about Israeli attacks against Palestinian towns and villages, killing thousands and razing to the ground whole villages. What about the bulldozers which reduced houses to rubble often while their occupants were still inside? 7. The Israelis built roads through Palestinian land but do not allow the Palestinians to use them.
8. Israelis build high walls through Palestinian land and villages, separating Palestinian families from each other
9. The Palestinians have no rights in their own land. They cannot even call their country “Palestine”. They can only refer to themselves as the “Palestinian Authority”. Those who live in Israel proper have no rights yet Israel claims to be the only democracy in the Middle East.
10. As to Israeli claim that the boycott of Israeli goods is wrong, what about Israeli blockade of Gaza which resulted in the Israeli navy stopping relief vessels in international waters and killing 9 Turkish humanitarian workers? This is blatantly against international law.
11. If Israelis can do that, why cannot those fighting injustice boycott Israeli goods?
12. I think the whole world in the interest of justice should boycott doing business with Israel. This is truly a pariah state which is immoral and beyond the pale of human laws.